And with so much on the line, it’s only logical that you do everything you can to guarantee that your cake is realized as slices on plates rather than scraps in the trash can. 🍰 How To Bake A Cake ( How To Make A Cake At Home For Beginners ) No Butter or Milk! 😍😊 (Q&A below)
From the recipe you choose to the time you allow your cake to cool before digging into it, this 10-step program will help ensure your cake remain intact.
🍰 How To Bake A Cake ( How To Make A Cake At Home For Beginners ) No Butter or Milk! 😍😊 (Q&A below)
🍰 Download My FREE Marshmallow Fondant Recipe:
🍰 Check Out My Fun Cake Decorating Ideas Book:
🍰 More How To Bake A Cake Questions Answered Here:
Today you’ll learn how to bake a vanilla sponge cake from scratch at home as a beginner. This cake recipe has no butter, no oil and no milk in it! Check out this next video to find out why:
🍰🤔🙄 Part 1: Cake Questions Answered:
🍰🤔🙄 Part 2: Cake Questions Answered:
🍰🤔🙄 Part 3: Cake Questions Answered:
🍰 How To Bake A Cake Original Video:
🍰 How To Bake A Cake Short Version:
0:00 INTRO – how to bake a cake
0:07 preheat oven
0:14 WHAT’S IN MY HAIR?
0:25 TIP – how to prepare your cake pan
2:58 ingredients and baking tools needed
3:33 prepare dry ingredients
4:36 TIP – how to separate eggs
6:26 mix wet ingredients
6:50 CAN YOU SEE THE SMILEY FACE?
6:58 whip egg whites
10:27 fold in wet ingredients & dry ingredients
13:50 fill your cake pan
14:02 TIP – how to prepare cakes for ovens that don’t bake evenly
14:33 place cake in oven so it bakes evenly
15:13 test your cake to see if it’s done (toothpick trick)
15:56 TIP – how to cool your cake
VANILLA SPONGE CAKE RECIPE
– 6 eggs separated
– 1 cup (230 ml) sugar
– 1 cup (230 ml) flour
– 1 teaspoon (5 ml) vanilla extract (pure is yummier)
– 1 teaspoon (5 ml) lemon extract (I prefer real lemon juice, fresher, tasty)
– 1 teaspoon (5 ml) salt (you can also do 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) if you want less salt)
– 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking powder
– 1 teaspoon (5 ml) white vinegar (optional – not shown in video, but is something I now use)
STEP-BY-STEP VANILLA SPONGE CAKE TUTORIAL INSTRUCTIONS
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Prepare your pan.
3. Separate egg whites and egg yolks.
4. Add sugar, vanilla extract and lemon extract or juice to the egg yolks
5. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a separate bowl.
6. Whip egg whites until stiff and fluffy.
7. Whip egg yolks with the sugar, vanilla and lemon.
8. Gently fold egg yolk mixture into egg whites. Do NOT stir or beat.
9. Fold in flour mixture, a little at a time, until all the flour has been absorbed into the egg mixture.
10. Poor cake batter into your pan and place in the center of your oven and bake for 20-30 minutes. (Insert a toothpick into the middle, if it comes out clean then the cake is ready.)
11. When cake is ready, place it on a rack and let it cool completely before removing from the pan.
12. Decorate with icing, buttercream or frosting and enjoy!
Hi I’m Amanda van der Gulik, from CleverDoughCakes.com I’ve been baking and decorating cakes since I was a kid.
🍰 GRAB A FREE CAKE GIFT ON ME:
👆🛎 SUBSCRIBE & HIT THE NOTIFICATION BELL:
✍ LET ME KNOW IN THE COMMENTS BELOW: What is your BIGGEST CHALLENGE when it comes to baking a cake?
👉 SHARE THIS SPONGE CAKE RECIPE WITH A FRIEND:
🍰 CONNECT WITH ME:
#howtobakeacake #spongecake #amandavandergulik
MMMMM … SO YUMMY & TASTY … TRY THESE RECIPES NEXT!
🍰 WATCH MY MOST RECENT VIDEO:
🍰 WATCH MY MOST POPULAR VIDEO:
MY ICING RECIPES
🎂🙃 Boiled Icing ~ Whipped Meringue Frosting Recipe
🎂 Mocha Buttercream Icing Recipe:
🍰 Marshmallow Fondant NEW Recipe:
MY BAKING RECIPES
🎂🙃 Wacky Chocolate Cake Recipe: Https://youtu.be/n537JQzMdco
🥝🍓🍰 Easy Pavlova Meringue Cake Recipe:
👼🍰 Angel Food Cake:
😋🍌🍪 Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins:
🥒🍪 Zucchini Chocolate Chip Muffins:
🧁 Cupcakes Recipe:
🍉🍰 WATERMELON CAKE:
MORE YUMMY RECIPES, BAKING & COOKING TIPS & TRICKS
🥒🍹 Green Smoothie:
🍏🍎 Home Made Apple Sauce, Apple Cider & Apple Juice:
CAKE BAKING TOOLS TO MAKE A CAKE
🍰 Hand Mixer:
🥣 Kitchen-Aid Stand Mixer:
🍰 Cake Pan:
MY FAVOURITE BAKING RECIPES & CAKE DECORATING BOOKS
ROSANNA PANSINO ~ RO ~ NERDY NUMMIES
Baking All Year Round:
YOLANDA GAMPP ~ YO ~ HOW TO CAKE IT
How to Cake It:
Disclaimer: I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you, when you purchase anything through one of my affiliate links. Thank-you for supporting my channel.
1. Pick a reliable recipe from a book, website, or author you trust, and make sure you’re using that book—its front matter, its headnotes, and its ingredient list—as its meant to be.
2. Before you get started, adjust your recipe to fit your pan size if necessary. You don’t want to bake a 10-inch round cake in an 8-inch round pan.
3. Figure out what you need to do to prepare the pan: Depending on the recipe, you may leave the pan bare, line the bottom with parchment and grease the sides, or grease and flour the whole pan.
4. Properly position your oven racks. If you’re baking one cake, position the rack in the lower third of the oven. If baking two cakes on multiple racks, position one rack in the upper third and another in the lower third. Rotate the pans from upper to lower and from back to front a little over halfway through baking time. 🍰 How To Bake A Cake ( How To Make A Cake At Home For Beginners ) No Butter or Milk! 😍😊 (Q&A below)
5. Make sure your leaveners are fresh. It’s more important to be vigilant with your baking powder than your baking soda. Cake Ideas, baking ideas, cake decorating compilation, Ideas, cakes, cake, cupcakes, Decorating, Satisfying
6. Make sure your ingredients are at the temperature specified in the recipe. Cold butter and eggs and no time to wait for them to warm up? No problem. There are fast and safe ways to bring these ingredients up to room temperature.
7. Use a scale to measure your ingredients—especially non-wheat flours. (And make sure that scale is accurate!)
If you’re not using a scale to weigh flour, it’s especially important that you’re measuring the flour the right way: Never shake or tap the measuring cup to settle the flour, or you may end with a dense, heavy cake.
8. Check to make sure your cake is finished before you take it out of the oven. Alice recommends a toothpick rather than a metal cake tester. Cake Ideas, baking ideas, cake decorating compilation, Ideas, cakes, cake, cupcakes, Decorating, Satisfying
9. It will be hard to wait, but you’ll need to cool your cake according to the recipe’s instructions. Most cakes baked in parchment-lined pans can be cooled entirely in their pans on cooling racks. Don’t cool the cake on the stove—it doesn’t make sense to cool a cake in the warmest place in your kitchen. 🍰 How To Bake A Cake ( How To Make A Cake At Home For Beginners ) No Butter or Milk! 😍😊 (Q&A below)
10. You’re so close to victory! Don’t ruin your cake when you remove it from the pan. Detach from the sides of the pan using a knife or spatula, then cover the pan with a rack, hold the rack and pan together, and flip the everything over. Remove the pan and peel off the parchment liner. To turn the cake right side up again, place another cooling rack on the cake, hold the two racks together gently, without squeezing the cake, and repeat the flip.
Cake Ideas, baking ideas, cake decorating compilation, Ideas, cakes, cake, cupcakes, Decorating, Satisfying